PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following personal information about individuals which we use for the purposes indicated:
(1) Names, postal and email addresses, and telephone numbers which we use to offer and sell our insurance products and services. We collect this information from purchased lists, state CPA societies, public records, other insurance companies and individuals who visit our website landing pages.
(2) Names, aliases, social security numbers, postal and email addresses, and telephone numbers which we use to process insurance claims. We collect this information from the individuals, their attorneys, court records, subpoenas and online searches.
(3) Signatures on premium quotations, applications, questionnaires, releases and other documents that we collect from applicants for insurance, policyholders and claimants so that we may issue and renew our insurance policies and process insurance claims.
(4) Audio information that individuals leave on voicemail which we use to respond to telephone inquiries.
(5) Gender, age, disability, marital status, arrest and court records which we use to identify the individual and investigate insurance claims. We collect this information from claimants, their attorneys, court records, subpoenas and online searches.
(6) Educational and professional background, employment status and employment history which we use to underwrite our insurance coverages and investigate claims. We collect this information from the individuals, their attorneys, public records, subpoenas and online searches.
(7) Bank account numbers, debit and credit card numbers and other financial information which we use to process premium payments and to pay claims. We collect this information from policyholders, claimants, their attorneys, public records, subpoenas and online searches.
(8) Customer account numbers and insurance policy numbers which we assign to policyholders and use to process transactions and manage claims.
(9) Internet Protocol addresses, browsing history, search history, and interaction with other websites which we use to respond to electronic communications and to investigate claims under our cyber insurance coverages. We collect this information from the individuals, their attorneys, public records, subpoenas, and online searches.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We disclose the following personal information to third parties which they may use as necessary for the business purposes indicated below:
(1) Names, contact information, and underwriting and claims information to other insurance companies with which we do business, which they use to manage and service the insurance business we place with them.
(2) Underwriting and claims information to reinsurance companies that assume a portion of the risk on our insurance business, which they use to evaluate the risk and indemnify us for losses.
(3) Names, contact information, underwriting and claims information to insurance agents and brokers with which we do business, which they use to help us market, sell and service our insurance policies.
(4) The identities and personal information of policyholders and insurance claimants to independent claims adjusters, investigators, attorneys and their retained experts which they use to help us investigate, defend and settle insurance claims.
(5) Bank account and credit card numbers and other financial information to financial institution payment platforms which process financial transactions and to our independent auditors to confirm the transactions.
(6) Information about individuals as required by law, governmental agency requests, judicial orders and subpoenas.
(7) Policyholder names, contact information and policy numbers to third parties shown in our records as having a legal or beneficial interest in a policy, such as premium finance lenders and insurance certificate holders.
(8) Names, contact information, and underwriting and claims information to our affiliated company, CAMICO Services, Inc., as necessary to conduct our normal business activities.
(9) Names, contact information and other personal information to our employees who need the information to respond to your inquiries, process transactions and provide our insurance products and services to you.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We implement and maintain reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. However, no transmission of information over the Internet is totally secure. We cannot guarantee that information transmitted to us via this website or by email will remain confidential at all times.
DATA ANALYTICS AND MARKETING TOOLS
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, to track and report activity on our website and to capture demographic data about visitors to the site, such as age, gender, geographical location and domain name. This information is provided to us on an aggregate or de-identified basis which we cannot reasonably associate with particular individuals.
We also use automated marketing tools provided by data analytics firms which allow us to send email messages and to create landing pages which we use to gather information about prospective customers for use in our marketing campaigns.
These service providers use their own tracking capabilities which they may utilize to collect personally identifiable information about visitors to our website. We are not responsible for the collection or usage of personal information by these parties.
“DO NOT TRACK” REQUESTS
We do not track a visitor’s use of our website and do not respond to “do not track” requests. Google Analytics makes available an opt-out browser add-on which allows website visitors to prevent their data from being collected and used. You may access it here: Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. CAMICO’s mailing address is 1800 Gateway Drive, Suite 300, San Mateo, CA 94404, Attn. Customer Service.