California Privacy Notice
CALIFORNIA NOTICE AT COLLECTION
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
CAMICO’S INFORMATION PRACTICES
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
During the past twelve months, we will have collected the following categories of personal information from or about consumers from the categories of sources and for the business purposes described below:
(1) Names, postal and email addresses, and telephone numbers which we use to offer and sell our insurance products and services. We collect this information from purchased lists, state CPA societies, public records, other insurance companies and individuals who visit our website landing pages.
(2) Names, aliases, social security numbers, postal and email addresses, and telephone numbers which we use to process insurance claims. We collect this information from claimants, their attorneys, court records, subpoenas and online searches.
(3) Signatures on premium quotations, applications, questionnaires, releases and other documents that we collect from applicants for insurance, policyholders and claimants so that we may issue and renew our insurance policies and process insurance claims.
(4) Audio information that individuals leave on voicemail which we use to respond to telephone inquiries.
(5) Gender, age, disability, marital status, arrest and court records which we use to identify the individual and investigate insurance claims. We collect this information from claimants, their attorneys, court records, subpoenas and online searches.
(6) Educational and professional background, employment status and employment history which we use to underwrite our insurance coverages and investigate claims. We collect this information from the individuals to whom the information relates, their attorneys, public records, subpoenas and online searches.
(7) Bank account numbers, credit card numbers and other financial information which we use to process premium payments and to pay claims. We collect this information from policyholders, claimants, their attorneys, public records, subpoenas and online searches.
(8) Customer account numbers and insurance policy numbers which we assign to policyholders and use to process transactions and manage claims.
(9) Internet Protocol addresses, browsing history, search history, and interaction with other websites which we use to respond to electronic communications and to investigate claims under our cyber insurance coverages. We collect this information from the individuals to whom the information relates, their attorneys, public records, subpoenas, and online searches.
(10) We collect names, social security numbers, addresses, dates of birth and driver’s license numbers of our employees and job applicants which we use for human resource management. We collect names, social security numbers, tax ID numbers, addresses and dates of birth of independent contractors which we use for IRS Form 1099 tax reporting purposes.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
During the preceding twelve months, we will have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose to the categories of third parties indicated below:
(1) Names, contact information, and underwriting and claims information to other insurance companies with which we do business, which they use to manage and service the insurance business we place with them.
(2) Underwriting and claims information to reinsurance companies that assume a portion of the risk on our insurance business, which they use to evaluate the risk and indemnify us for losses.
(3) Names, contact information, underwriting and claims information to insurance agents and brokers with which we do business, which they use to help us market, sell and service our insurance policies.
(4) The identities and personal information of policyholders and insurance claimants to independent claims adjusters, investigators, attorneys and their retained experts which they use to help us investigate, defend and settle insurance claims.
(5) Bank account and credit card numbers and other financial information to financial institution payment platforms which process financial transactions and to our independent auditors to confirm the transactions.
(6) Information about individuals as required by law, governmental agency requests, judicial orders and subpoenas.
(7) Policyholder names, contact information and policy numbers to third parties shown in our records as having a legal or beneficial interest in a policy, such as premium finance lenders and insurance certificate holders.
(8) Names, contact information, and underwriting and claims information to our affiliated company, CAMICO Services, Inc., as necessary to conduct our normal business activities.
(9) Names, contact information and other personal information to our employees who need the information to respond to your inquiries, process transactions and provide our insurance products and services to you.
(10) Names, dates of hire, positions held and, if authorized by the employee, salary information which we disclose to third parties that request this information for hiring decisions.
“SENSITIVE” PERSONAL INFORMATION
“SALE” OR “SHARING” OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to opt-out of the “sale” and “sharing” of your personal information as those terms are defined in the CCPA.
We currently do not “sell” your personal information as defined in the CCPA but could do so unless you opt-out.
We may “share” your personal information (except “sensitive” personal information) with social media networks, advertising firms and other third parties that use the information to send advertising and marketing communications for products and services targeted to you.
You may submit a request to opt-out of the sale and sharing of your personal information by accessing the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link here or by sending an email message to us at email@example.com.
We have no actual knowledge that we sell or share the personal information of consumers under 16 years of age.
YOUR ADDITIONAL RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER
REQUESTS TO DISCLOSE
You have the right to request that we disclose to you what categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you and how we have used and disclosed that information to other parties. If we receive a verifiable request from you to disclose your personal information, we will disclose the information to you free of charge within the time period required by law.
REQUESTS TO CORRECT
REQUESTS TO DELETE
HOW TO SUBMIT REQUESTS TO DISCLOSE, CORRECT OR DELETE
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. CAMICO’s mailing address is 1800 Gateway Drive, Suite 200, San Mateo, CA 94404, Attn. Customer Service.
UPDATES TO NOTICE