PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
During the preceding twelve months, we have collected the following categories of personal information for the business purposes and from the categories of sources indicated below:
(1) Names, postal and email addresses, and telephone numbers which we use to offer and sell our insurance products and services. We collect this information from purchased lists, state CPA societies, public records, other insurance companies and individuals who visit our website landing pages.
(2) Names, aliases, social security numbers, postal and email addresses, and telephone numbers which we use to process insurance claims. We collect this information from the individuals, their attorneys, court records, subpoenas and online searches.
(3) Signatures on premium quotations, applications, questionnaires, releases and other documents that we collect from applicants for insurance, policyholders and claimants so that we may issue and renew our insurance policies and process insurance claims.
(4) Audio information that individuals leave on voicemail which we use to respond to telephone inquiries.
(5) Gender, age, disability, marital status, arrest and court records which we use to identify the individual and investigate insurance claims. We collect this information from claimants, their attorneys, court records, subpoenas and online searches.
(6) Educational and professional background, employment status and employment history which we use to underwrite our insurance coverages and investigate claims. We collect this information from the individuals, their attorneys, public records, subpoenas and online searches.
(7) Bank account numbers, debit and credit card numbers and other financial information which we use to process premium payments and to pay claims. We collect this information from policyholders, claimants, their attorneys, public records, subpoenas and online searches.
(8) Customer account numbers and insurance policy numbers which we assign to policyholders and use to process transactions and manage claims.
(9) Internet Protocol addresses, browsing history, search history, and interaction with other websites which we use to respond to electronic communications and to investigate claims under our cyber insurance coverages. We collect this information from the individuals, their attorneys, public records, subpoenas, and online searches.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
During the preceding twelve months, we have not sold consumers’ personal information to third parties.
During the preceding twelve months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose to the categories of third parties indicated below:
(1) Names, contact information, and underwriting and claims information to other insurance companies with which we do business, which they use to manage and service the insurance business we place with them.
(2) Underwriting and claims information to reinsurance companies that assume a portion of the risk on our insurance business, which they use to evaluate the risk and indemnify us for losses.
(3) Names, contact information, underwriting and claims information to insurance agents and brokers with which we do business, which they use to help us market, sell and service our insurance policies.
(4) The identities and personal information of policyholders and insurance claimants to independent claims adjusters, investigators, attorneys and their retained experts which they use to help us investigate, defend and settle insurance claims.
(5) Bank account and credit card numbers and other financial information to financial institution payment platforms which process financial transactions and to our independent auditors to confirm the transactions.
(6) Information about individuals as required by law, governmental agency requests, judicial orders and subpoenas.
(7) Policyholder names, contact information and policy numbers to third parties shown in our records as having a legal or beneficial interest in a policy, such as premium finance lenders and insurance certificate holders.
(8) Names, contact information, and underwriting and claims information to our affiliated company, CAMICO Services, Inc., as necessary to conduct our normal business activities.
(9) Names, contact information and other personal information to our employees who need the information to respond to your inquiries, process transactions and provide our insurance products and services to you.
REQUESTS TO DISCLOSE AND DELETE PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request that we disclose to you what categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you and how we have used and disclosed that information to other parties. You also have the right to request that we delete your personal information, although we may not do so if we are permitted by law to maintain the information.
You may request that we disclose or delete your personal information by calling us toll free at 800-652-1772 or by sending an email message to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you make such a request, we may require that you provide identifying information which matches the information we maintain about you, and/or provide other information which allows us to verify your identity.
If we receive a verifiable request from you to disclose your personal information, we will disclose the information to you free of charge within the time period required by law. If we receive a verifiable request from you to delete your personal information, we will delete the information from our records and direct our service providers to do the same, unless we are permitted by law to maintain the information.
You may designate an authorized agent to make the above requests on your behalf by providing us with written permission for the authorized agent to act on your behalf with information which verifies your identity.
RIGHT TO NON-DISCRIMINATION
We may not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights by denying our services to you, charging different prices or rates for our services, providing a different level of services, or in other ways.
EXCEPTIONS TO DISCLOSURES
Job Applicants, Employees and Contractors.
The above disclosures do not apply with respect to personal information that we collect from job applicants, employees or contractors, including the individual’s emergency contact information and information necessary to administer benefits for other persons related to the individual.
“Business-to- Business” Transactions.
The above disclosures do not apply with respect to personal information that reflects a written or verbal communication or transaction between us and an employee, owner, director, officer, or contractor of another business that occurs in the context of our conducting due diligence regarding, providing a product or service to, or receiving a product or service from, that other business.
CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, you may contact us by email at email@example.com. CAMICO’s mailing address is 1800 Gateway Drive, Suite 300, San Mateo, CA 94404, Attn. Customer Service.