As a CPA, you are a member of a growing, vibrant professional community that has afforded you great opportunities. As you plan your future, you may be considering ways in which you can help safeguard your community during times of struggle.
Members of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) established the AICPA Benevolent Fund in 1933 as a non-profit 501(c)(3) entity for the purpose of assisting AICPA members through temporary periods of financial difficulty. The Fund provides assistance with meeting daily living expenses, and medical and prescription expenses that exceed insurance coverage brought about by serious illness, an accident, or the death of the primary source of family income.
Types of Assistance
- Temporary monthly living expenses
- Temporary monthly medical, mental and prescription expense payments that exceed insurance coverage
- Medicare or other health insurance premiums
- Most medically necessary services for dependent children (under age 21)
- One-time Emergency Grants
- Other, as deemed appropriate by the Board of Trustees
Who is eligible to receive assistance?
- Current voting AICPA members
- Surviving spouse of a person who was a current voting AICPA member, at the time of their death
- Dependent children (under the age of 21) of a person who was a current voting AICPA member, at the time of their death
- All of the above persons must exhibit a financial need
Evaluation and Application Process
- Financial assistance grants are provided on a case-by-case basis depending on financial need and circumstances surrounding that need
- Grant recipients shall exhaust all sources of income available before receiving aid from the Benevolent Fund
- Grant recipients shall first seek all publicly available sources of support
By making a gift to the AICPA Benevolent Fund, you make a difference in the lives of many of your fellow CPAs today, and financial stability for generations of CPAs to come. In order for the AICPA Benevolent Fund to achieve its strategic programs and initiatives, donor contributions are needed.
For more information contact: AICPA Benevolent Fund, Inc.
220 Leigh Farm Road
Durham, NC 27707