San Mateo, California
Provide administrative support to underwriters and agents.
All performed in adherence to CAMICO’s underwriting assistant authority guidelines, service standards and company/department goals.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Process new business applications; data entry of application information, verify completion of application and follow up for any outstanding information needed to complete the underwriting file.
• Prepare underwriting notes with all the necessary information needed for the Underwriters review.
• Process daily workflow task items, following the customer service standards.
• Assist in underwriting of new business, renewals and endorsements following guidelines and authority levels.
• Prepare claims loss run information for underwriters.
• Provide customer service to agents and policyholders via telephone, e-mail and correspondence and documenting the file with pertinent information.
• Be able to operate in a paperless environment.
• Assists in projects designed to improve personal and departmental performance.
• Customer Focus
• Ethics and Values
• Integrity and Trust
• Quick Learner
• Priority Setting
• Written Communications
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• 1+ years of insurance related experience, including a fundamental understanding of underwriting concepts, practices and procedures.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and paperless working environment.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Must be able to function effectively in a time sensitive and high volume environment.
• Strong organization and prioritization skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
California Fire and Casualty Broker-Agent license preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, perception vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
San Mateo, California
Develop software test cases and perform QA testing of client/server application, PLUS, and other CAMICO insurance and risk management software applications to identify software problems and their causes. Support software enhancements and write QA specifications (test plans/cases) for new/enhanced applications. Prepare and maintain appropriate QA documentation. Prepare and communicate QA status to Project Manager and customers as appropriate. Gather, document and understand business requirements toward QA efforts and obtain agreement as to the value/prioritization of the desired features. Help support and maintain a structured QA methodology, which is symbiotic with the Project Management Methodology.
• Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field.
• 2 years of experience in the job offered or related.
• Experience with:
o Katalon Studio;
o manual back end testing with SQL server data extraction;
o smoke testing for initial software build;
o managing defect tracking process using Quality Center; and
o preparing day-to-day execution and project status reports.
CAMICO encourages the health and financial well-being of its employees by providing a comprehensive benefits program to meet the personal needs of its employees and their families. A partial list of CAMICO's comprehensive benefit program include:
- Medical (Blue Cross PPO plans, HSA Plans & Kaiser HMO & HSA)
- Group Life
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Savings Program with Employer Match
- 9 paid holidays plus 1 floater