CPA’s Guide to Effective Engagement LettersSAN MATEO, CA (NOV. 1, 2017) – CPAs can write up-to-date engagement letters with the help of the recently released 12th Edition of CPA’s Guide to Effective Engagement Letters, written by senior staff members of CAMICO, the nation’s largest CPA-directed program of insurance and risk management for the accounting profession.
The 12th Edition provides updated and new wording for:
- Review, compilation and preparation letters that comply with SSARS No. 23.
- Letters for prospective financial statements (forecasts and projections) that comply with SSARS No. 23.
- Language for the attestation engagement letters that complies with SSAE 18.
- Other new letters, including one designed for CPAs providing preparation and tax services under a special purpose framework.
- Updated tax engagement letters that include revised language for foreign reporting requirements and return due date changes.
Also included in the 12th Edition are new and updated case studies, found in the book’s supplemental material. Topics include:
- "Test your cyber IQ quiz"
- Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR)
- Potential data breach of tax files
- Employee fraud
- Ethical dilemmas for CPAs
- Voicemail/e-mail fraud and investment advisory services
- Embezzlement involving a firm merger and audit services
The book, published by CCH (www.cchgroup.com) is available for $199.00. A 10 percent discount is available via the CAMICO website. Click on www.camico.com/order-CPA-engagement-letters-book for the order form that includes the 10 percent savings.
A 20 percent discount is available to CAMICO policyholders who use the order form on the Members-Only Site in the Engagement Letter Resource Center under "CAMICO Publication."
The authors are CAMICO officers Ric Rosario, CPA, president and CEO; Suzanne M. Holl, CPA, senior vice president of loss prevention services; and Ron Klein, J.D., CFE, risk management counsel.